What is Tribe.net?
Tribe.net is an online social networking service that connects the people in your personal networks and community, creating a new resource that's based on a trusted web of your friends and associates.
You can use this abundant network to find jobs, buy and sell goods, locate a roommate, and accomplish much more with the help of groups and individuals who know you and share your interests.
How does Tribe.net work?
Once you've registered with Tribe.net, you'll invite people you know to join your personal or professional network. Your friends will come to Tribe.net and invite their friends. As your network grows, you'll have more opportunities to interact easily with everyone you know, make new acquaintances, and use the network's collective knowledge to enrich your life.
Social networks are the heart and soul of Tribe.net; the larger they are, the more powerful they become. Best of all, everyone in your network has been invited, approved and recommended by someone else inside your social circle.
What is My Network?
Your network consists of your 1° friends (people you know), as well as people 2° or closer (friends of your friends), and people 3° or closer (people who know friends of your friends). Your personal network on Tribe.net will connect you with people as far as 4° away from you. The larger your network becomes, the more useful and fun it will be; keep growing your network, and you'll have access to more listings, messages, Tribes and events.
What can I do on Tribe.net?
Whether you have a small network or a large one, Tribe.net makes it easier for you to communicate with the people you know, as well as friends of friends that you've yet to meet.
- Find/List a Job - Browse and post job listings created by people in your network
- Get a roommate - Why live with a complete stranger, when you could live with the friend of a friend?
- Buy and sell - Would you rather go to a used car lot, or buy a minivan from your co-worker's reliable sister? Sell your stuff to friends of friends, and people you know will cherish your used possessions.
- Create and manage groups of people - Use Tribe.net to organize your existing groups and/or identify and draw together individuals who share a common interest. These Tribes can be focused on any subject, affiliation, or activity. Book clubs, soccer teams, and alumni groups can form their own Tribes, as well as family members, hobbyists, or professionals.
- Messaging - Tribe.net's message system allows you to send a note to friends, colleagues and people who are listing items that interest you. You can communicate with your Tribes via group message boards. You can also schedule events to inform everyone in your Tribe of an upcoming event.
- Answer life's questions - Your social network is a valuable resource that contains most of the answers you need. Whether you're seeking a dentist, an organic grocery, or an inexpensive oil change, chances are good that someone in your network already has the solution.
How do I invite my friends to use Tribe.net?
Every page on the Tribe.net site has an invite link that lets you send messages to your friends who have not joined yet. You can email an automated greeting that describes Tribe.net, or you can customize the message yourself.
When you find a friend at Tribe.net, you can add them through the "Add as Friend" link on the right. If you want to find someone on the network, use search to find them by their name or email address.
Is there a fee to use the service?
The service is provided to you free of charge. We are going to do our best to keep it that way. Our intention is to drive revenue from commercial uses such as job postings and featured listings.
How do I get started with Tribe.net?
First, complete your profile bio, so others can learn more about you. Then, invite more friends to join Tribe.net, create a group of your friends, add a listing, and you'll be on your way to connecting your social network.
How is my privacy protected?
Tribe.net does not sell the information we collect from our users to third-party companies. One of our core values is that our members create and control their networks, as well as their personal information. Once you join Tribe.net, you'll decide exactly what others can learn about you by creating and editing your profile bio.
I have more questions about Tribe.net.
Good! We'd love to hear from you - email us at email@example.com, and we'll get back to you as quickly as we can.